- Our Mediators
- Alan Conroy
- Bryan John Hallows
- Donald Menzies
- Emma Tallini
- Fiona Smith
- Geoffrey Greenhouse
- Janeen Achtar
- Jason Payne-James
- Jonathan Fingerhut
- Jonathan Fisch
- Lars Davidsson
- Mary Ellen Lewis
- Michael T. Isaac
- Micheal Vloeberghs
- Mike Faulkner
- Nigel John Callaghan
- Paul V Marks
- Peter Causton
- Peter Merson
- Stephen Ruttle
- Steven Porter
FHC for Mediation is a member of the CMC and is a fully accredited mediator provider
Managing Partner at Strategic Marketing for Schools
Jonathan has a well rounded business track record spanning over 30 years on both the client and consultancy sides.
He now focuses on pragmatic business development/marketing solutions for small and medium size enterprises particularly the schools market.
Jonathan is an accredited professional mediator for civil, commercial and SEN disputes. He uses a psychological focus to deliver effective resolutions.
His expertise in business and marketing has been brought to bear in a wide range of industries, markets and public/voluntary sectors, learning through experience and a few mistakes. The work he does has been described as ‘corporate therapy’, employing an eclectic mix of techniques.
- Mentoring at senior management and board level
- Marketing strategy, planning and implementation – on and off line
- New business development programmes
- Strategic business development and organisational structure
- Communication strategies – internal and external
- Stakeholder audits to understand and inform future strategy & planning
- Developing marketing strategies and marketing plans and then implementing them
- Effective leveraging of full range of marketing tools – both on and off line
- Commercial and Employment Mediation
- Facilitation of strategic meetings – Senior Management Teams, CEOs/Directors,
- Boards of Governors and Trustees
Jonathan is down to earth and pragmatic with attention to detail. Applying common sense, creativity and extensive experience to add value and make a positive difference to his clients – with passion, commitment, empathy, a sense of perspective and humour (although his children dispute the latter!).
Dec 2004 – present – Managing Partner, Strategic Marketing for Schools
- Strategic Marketing for Schools is a dedicated resource focussed on maximising student recruitment in every type of school. We offer a complete range of marketing services – strategic and practical – which is flexible to support your school in this ever more competitive educational market place.
- Proven, practical, common sense help that works – without the theory or jargon
- Effective student recruitment processes
- Marketing strategies and plans plus overseeing their implementation on behalf of schools
- Stakeholder research audits: with staff, parents, students, feeder schools, local authorities, etc.
- Developing strategies for the effective use of all the marketing tools – both on-line and off-line – advising which are most appropriate and effective for your school and its challenges/needs.
- Improving relationships with all key stakeholders
- How to resource marketing within a school in a cost effective way
- Bespoke student recruitment marketing workshops and training
- One of the biggest challenges for schools is finding the time and resources to implement marketing plans. This is why a key element of our services is to help make the marketing happen…
- Strategic Marketing for Schools is a trusted network of experienced marketing professionals headed by Jonathan Fingerhut who was the founding chair of one of the first parent promoted schools (the forerunner to Free Schools), JCoSS, a £50 million voluntary aided faith secondary school which opened its doors in September 2010.
- Proven approach means that you only pay for the expertise and services you really need.
Jan 1998 – Present – Partner, Fingerhut Consulting & Mediation
- Specialist business/marketing advisor and mediator to broad range of organisations across a range of market sectors including independent and special schools, academies, charities, third sector, financial services, film, IT, marketing, legal and accountancy practices, property, retail.
- Clients include: numerous state, independent and special schools; Free Schools and Academies; national charities and third sector organisations.
Nov 1984 – Dec 1997 – Managing Driector, Fingeerhut Associates
- Building up and running a highly successful independent marketing and communications consultancy.
- Clients included: Barclays Financial Services, Kellogg’s, Sony, Esso, Roche Consumer Health, Nintendo, Zyma, Novartis, Royal Mail, Tesco, Time Life.
Apr 1983-Nov 1984 – Managing Director, G.T. Promotions Europe
- Running a sales promotion agency with a range of clients including Readers Digest, SupaSnaps, The Post Office and Kellogg’s.
Apr 1982-Apr 1983 – Account Manager, Triangle Communications
- Responsible for the complete sales promotion activities of Golden Wonder, Cadbury Confectionery and Cadbury Typhoo.
Jab 1980-Apr 1982 – Brand Manager, Eden Vale/Express Dairies
- Responsible for marketing Eden Vale product ranges (including Ski yoghurt) and developing/implementing market research programmes.
Sep 1977-Dec 1979 – Sales/National Accounts Management, EMI Records
- Graduate salesman. Promoted to National Accounts Manager handling W H Smiths, Virgin and HMV. Promoted to Sales and Marketing Co-ordinator.
Over 20 sole and co-mediations with an approximate dispute settlement value of £285,000.
ACADEMIC, BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- University – The London School of Economics
- Investors in People – successful IIP accreditation process
- Lecturer – in business, marketing and client loyalty in U.K. and Europe
- Commentator – on marketing and education – TV, radio, press and web
- Training & Development – numerous business and HR courses
- Mediator – trained at School of Psychotherapy & Counselling Psychology
- Department for Education – engaging with the DfE at ministerial and senior official level advising on SEN and adoption issues as well as mediation services in the Children & Families Act 2014 (member of the Ministerial Advisory Group)
- Community – Executive Board Member of ‘Society of Stars’, a celebrity charity for children with cerebral palsy
- Chair/Trustee – of a charity that developed and opened a £50 million parent promoted voluntary aided faith secondary school
- Trustee of TALKINGWORKS, a charity that offers conflict resolution/mediation training to schools
- Former Chair/Trustee – Primary School PTA